Naoussas' castle was built as a stronghold by Entices during the 14th century. It is located in the entrance of the graphic port. This way Entices were able to control the open sea and hold back every one wanted to conquer them. The strongholds of the castle were built in a way to circumvallate the whole medieval village and Naoussa's port. But in 1537-after a 25-day siege- the Turkish, with Barbarosa as their leader, managed to conquer the castle and domain Paro. In our days, Naoussas' visitor can see the half-ruined fort that although it has lost its prestige, holds its majesty and remains a beautiful picture of the past.